B-2 Visitor Visa

If you are traveling to the United States for temporary reasons as a tourist, to visit family members, or to receive medical treatment, you must apply for a B-2 Visitor Visa. You must apply at the United States consulate office in your home country or your place of permanent residence. However, there are nationals or citizens of designated countries that are eligible for the Visa Waiver Program. Nationals or citizens from these countries do not need a B-2 Visa to visit the United States for not more than 90 days.

Requirements for B-2 Visitor Visas

  • You have residence in your home country that is an actual dwelling place;
  • You have no intentions of abandoning residence in your home country or place of permanent residence;
  • You are temporarily visiting the United States for pleasure; and
  • You must be admissible into the United States; “admissible” means not having certain criminal or immigration violation history and/or undesirable traits identified by the United States government.

Must Demonstrate to the Consulate the following:

  • Your Intention to depart the United States upon expiration of requested stay (i.e. round-trip airline ticket)
  • You must show no intention of abandoning residence in home country by providing proof of employment, family, and social ties.
  • You must show adequate financial resources for your temporary trip to the United States.

Other B-2 Visitor Visa Reasons

  • You can take a short course of study that is less than 18 hours per week (i.e. English course), as long as you are traveling primarily for tourism purposes;
  • You can attend social organization conventions; and
  • If you are an amateur athlete or performer entering for a special event as long as you do not receive a salary or remuneration to attend the event.

To increase your chances for approval of a B-2 Visa in an expeditious manner, the experienced immigration lawyers at the Law Office of Shane D. Scott will assist you in the application process and preparing you for the consulate interview. For assistance with your B-1 Visa, contact our office at (800) 230-0744 or sscott@shanescottlaw.com or Skype: shanescottlaw.

Client Reviews

I had the pleasure of hiring Shane as my Real Estate attorney. He is the epitome of professionalism and efficiency. Closing on a house can be convoluted, tedious and stressful unless you work with Shane. There was no problem big enough for him or anything he didn't immediately tackle. I had full...

- Gaudí T.

Shane has been giving me real estate advice even before I hired him as my lawyer. He gives great and sound advice, explains everything and he always return my calls fast.

- Vena.

As a 1st time seller in the borough of Queens and upon a verbal recommendation I utilized Attorney Shane Scott. He was extremely helpful as my closing attorney, and knowledgeable throughout the whole process.

- Delores.

Contact Us

  1. 1 Good Representation in Real Estate Matters
  2. 2 Aggressive Advocacy for Accident Victims
  3. 3 Guidance for Foreign Nationals Coming to the US
Fill out the contact form or call us at (800) 230-0744 to schedule your consultation.

Leave Us a Message