L-1 Intra-Company Blanket
The L-1 Blanket Petition is available for very large U.S. companies allowing them to pre-qualify for visa processing. Upon approval of the L-1 Blanker Petition by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, companies and its branches, subsidiaries, and affiliates may transfer their L-1A or L-1B employees quickly without having to file separate individual petitions for each employee.Requirements for the L-1 Blanket Petition
- The company and each of their entities are engaged in commercial trade or services;
- The company has an office in the United States that has been doing business for one year or more;
- The company has three or more domestic and foreign branches, subsidiaries, or affiliates; and
- The company and the other qualifying organizations have obtained approval of petitions for at least ten “L” managers, executives, or specialized knowledge professionals during the previous 12 months; or
- The company has U.S. subsidiaries or affiliates with combined annual sales of at least $25 million; or
- The company has a United States work force of at least 1,000 employees.
- Working for the overseas company for one continuous year within the three years immediately prior to being admitted to the United States;
- The employee will continue working for the same company or an affiliate in the United States;
- For an L-1A Visa, the employee will be working as a manager or executive; this visa is available to executive managers from a foreign company coming to the United States to establish an office;
- For an L-1B Visa, the person will be working as an employee with specialized knowledge; and
- The L Visa employee must be admissible into the United States; "admissible" means not having certain criminal or immigration violation history and/or undesirable traits identified by the United States government.
- Spouses and unmarried children, 20 years and below, of L Visa employees may accompany or follow-to-join them to the United States. The family members are eligible for an L-2 nonimmigrant visa and will be granted the same period of stay as the employee. Spouses of the L-1 employee may apply for an employment authorization document to legally work in the United States.
The L-1 Blanket Visa application process is complex. To increase the chances for approval of the L-1 Blanket Visa, the experienced immigration lawyers at the Law Office of Shane D. Scott will assist the employer and the L-1 Visa applicants with the application process and prepare the L Visa applicants for the consulate interview, if desired. For assistance with the L-1 Blanket Visa, contact our office at (800) 230-0744 or email@example.com or Skype: shanescottlaw.