H-2B Seasonal Jobs Visa
Employers needing seasonal employees not in the agricultural industry can apply for the H-2B Visa. H-2B visa holders can live and work seasonally in the United States.
Requirements for the H-2B Visa Employer:
- The employer must be in the United States;
- The employer must file the H-2B application for the employee; and
- The seasonal job must not be longer than one year; however, in certain situations, the employer is eligible to file an extension for up to three years.
Requirements for the H-2B Visa Employee:
- The employee must meet the minimum qualifications for the job offer;
- The employee must intend to return to the home country or country of residence when the job ends and the visa expires;
- The employee must be admissible into the United States; "admissible" means not having certain criminal or immigration violation history and/or undesirable traits identified by the United States government.
Examples of H-2B Visa Jobs:
- Hospitality and service industry workers;
- Food industry workers;
- Resorts and theme park workers;
- Construction workers,
- Maintenance and janitorial workers, and
- Landscaping workers.
The H-2B Visa application process is complex involving several United States government agencies. To increase the chances for approval of the H-2B Visa, the experienced immigration lawyers at the Law Office of Shane D. Scott will assist the employer and H-2B Visa applicant with the application process and prepare the H-2B Visa applicant for the consulate interview, if desired. For assistance with the H-2B Visa, contact our office at 800.230.0744 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Skype: shanescottlaw.