H-2B Seasonal Jobs Visa

Employers needing seasonal employees not in the agricultural industry can apply for the H-2B Visa. H-2B visa holders can live and work seasonally in the United States.

Requirements for the H-2B Visa Employer
  • The employer must be in the United States;
  • The employer must file the H-2B application for the employee; and
  • The seasonal job must not be longer than one year; however, in certain
  • situations, the employer is eligible to file an extension for up to three years.
Requirements for the H-2B Visa Employee
  • The employee must meet the minimum qualifications for the job offer;
  • The employee must intend to return to the home country or country of residence when the job ends and the visa expires;
  • The employee must be admissible into the United States; "admissible" means not having certain criminal or immigration violation history and/or undesirable traits identified by the United States government.
Examples of H-2B Visa Jobs
  • Hospitality and service industry workers;
  • Food industry workers;
  • Resorts and theme park workers;
  • Construction workers,
  • Maintenance and janitorial workers, and
  • Landscaping workers.

The H-2B Visa application process is complex involving several United States government agencies. To increase the chances for approval of the H-2B Visa, the experienced immigration lawyers at the Law Office of Shane D. Scott will assist the employer and H-2B Visa applicant with the application process and prepare the H-2B Visa applicant for the consulate interview, if desired. For assistance with the H-2B Visa, contact our office at (800) 230-0744 or sscott@shanescottlaw.com or Skype: shanescottlaw.

Client Reviews
I had the pleasure of hiring Shane as my Real Estate attorney. He is the epitome of professionalism and efficiency. Closing on a house can be convoluted, tedious and stressful unless you work with Shane. Gaudí Tomasino
Shane has been giving me real estate advice even before I hired him as my lawyer. He gives great and sound advice, explains everything and he always return my calls fast. Vena
As a 1st time seller in the borough of Queens and upon a verbal recommendation I utilized Attorney Shane Scott. He was extremely helpful as my closing attorney, and knowledgeable throughout the whole process. Delores