E-2 Treaty Investors Visa
If you are a citizen and/or national of a country that has a treaty of commerce and navigation with the United States you may apply for an E-2 Treaty Trader Visa. You will have to provide evidence that you are coming to the U.S. to develop and direct the operations of a business that you have invested in or are in the process of investing. You can stay for an unlimited duration of time in two year increments renewable every two years.
Your dependent spouse and unmarried minor children (20 years old and below) are eligible to accompany or follow-to-join you under an E-3 Visa.
For “Treaty Countries” access this Department of State website:
- Must be a citizen or national of a treaty country and a real or corporate person;
- Must invest a substantial amount in order to ensure the successful operation of the enterprise; No set amount required for investing;
- Must invest into a real operating business either newly created or an existing business;
- Investment must generate a significant income more than one that merely provides a living for the investor and the family, or the investment has a significant impact on U.S. economy;
- No secured loans with the assets of the investment company;
- Must have control of the funds and be at risk in the commercial sense;
- Must come to the U.S. to develop and/or direct the business if principal investor; if not the principal investor, must be employed in a supervisory or executive capacity, or have a highly specialized skill essential to the business; and
- Must be admissible into the United States; "admissible" means not having certain criminal or immigration violation history and/or undesirable traits identified by the United States government.
The E-2 Visa application process is complex. To increase your chances for approval of the E-2 Treaty Trader Visa, the experienced immigration lawyers at the Law Office of Shane D. Scott will assist you with the application process and for the consulate interview, if desired. For assistance with the E-2 Visa, contact our office at 800.230.0744 or email@example.com or Skype: shanescottlaw.